Friday, August 27, 2010

East

So… First of all, it’s my birthday. I just had to put that out there. I’m well aware that birthdays are supposed to get less exciting as you get older, but I’m not less excited. I’m the same amount. I like birthdays… especially when they’re my own.

And second of all, Adam and I trekked (what a weird word spelling) out to East Nashville last night to meet with our reception band guy. Now, I’ve heard a lot about East Nashville and places in East Nashville, but with a few exceptions that I barely remember, I don’t know that I’ve ever really been to East Nashville. So anyway, he wanted to meet at Portland Brew, which I was pretty excited about, given that I had heard of it and we have that whole coffee thing that we do and we never head that far into Nashville to try stuff like that out.

So anyway, we travelled through some semi-sketchy territory and then, out of nowhere, is the cutest neighborhood ever. I mean seriously, I have no intention of ever living in Nashville, but if I did… I would live in this neighborhood. So we end up at Portland Brew, also way cute, where I got a chai latte. This was a pretty random choice. I think I picked it because I was feeling poor and it was like fifty cents cheaper than a coffee latte? I could have afforded the fifty cents upgrade, but whatever. Hindsight’s 20/20. And the chai latte was good, so no complaining.

So we sorted out the wedding music business in a conversation that Adam and I will continue to be stunned by for months, and then were directed to Rose Pepper by Patton (the band guy). His girlfriend/wife lives like two houses down, and he owns nine houses in the area… so he’s pretty much a local. Anyway, we had flautas there, because I’m currently on a flauta train (courtesy of Chuy’s). But who am I kidding. You don’t care what I had to eat.

The moral of the story, is that East Nashville is fun. And there were other places that are around there that I had heard of but didn’t know where they were. So it might merit a return trip one day. And then we went through Nashville to come home… which is always fun at night. City lights at night are some of my favorite things. Cheers to adventures with someone you love!



1 comment:

  1. 1. I love east nashville. If I ever live in middle tennessee again, that's where you will find me. There are hidden treasures there that include art festivals and very cheap jewelry and other cheap decorative things..

    2. Happy birthday! You are super lovely. And 23!

    ReplyDelete