Friday, August 20, 2010

Soak

Okay… Just because I didn’t write one of these yesterday and don’t write them on the weekends, today deserves a blog (I just mistyped that glob – that’s silly). So anyway, it’s FRIDAY! Best day ever… and when I went out side this morning, it was like 67 degrees! In case you were wondering, 67 degrees is the perfect temperature when you’re going from summer to fall. It’s the perfect amount of cold. When you’re going from winter to spring, 75 is the perfect temperature. Feel free to disagree, but I don’t make the rules.

Last night was the same way… Adam was working on the truck and I was sitting on the patio watching, drinking a Landshark, and feeling the breeze. It was a colder breeze, because it had been raining all day… and there was really not much humidity. It was borderline a perfect moment. Definitely worth soaking in. And as I’m finding, it’s hard to remember to soak moments in. We move too fast and think too much, but we don’t sit and soak. I should have taken a picture of it, but I didn’t. It would have been a good picture though. I know because this boy who was in my photojournalism class last semester took a picture of Landshark on a sunny day and it turned out really nice… the condensation was shining…. It was nice. I could find him and ask for a copy of it, so that you could get a glimpse of the experience… his name is Evans I think. I’m not really going to do that. God gave you an imagination for a reason. Use it!

P.S. I just wrote one super long post… so in the interest of common courtesy, I’m going to split it into two. One for yesterday and one for today. That’s probably cheating. I’ve cheated so much on this blog game that I don’t even know what’s right anymore. So I’m pleading ignorance. Also, I swear some pictures are coming. Tonight. I have them, they’re just not on the computer… you'll notice that I added pictures to the rain post (a good faith action, just to show you that I mean it).

No comments:

Post a Comment