Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Beginnings



I don’t remember how many times I’ve tried to start a blog before. It hasn’t been a whole ton, but this definitely isn’t my first entry either. I have no reason to believe that I’m any more interesting now than when I made my first attempt, nor am I any more disciplined or whatever you’re supposed to be to have a functioning blog that people read. In fact, I guess it doesn’t matter if people read it. Blogs are really just glorified journals at the end of the day, right? I think sometimes it’s just important to have an outlet. I’ve been reading other people’s blogs a lot recently, and whether they mean to or not, they write something that resonates inside of me. I think that’s cool. We all have these experiences that seem unique and singular to just us, and then we open our eyes and realize that these things are just part of our humanity. I have events, adventures, and struggles and I somehow let myself believe that no one can really understand the nuances of my particular situation, and then I click a link and someone I haven’t talked to in months is putting words to my heart.

Now I realize this isn’t a revolutionary concept – No concept that already has a dedicated MTV show is revolutionary, but I think everyone has to have that moment where they realize it for themselves. Not to mention that the growing up process is pretty isolating. You go from spending your entire childhood and young adulthood surrounded by peers, and then step into a full time job that limits your interaction with other people. So anyway, what I guess I’m saying is that if putting words to my heart will well someone else hear the voice of theirs, I think it’s worth it.

And also, since I’ve actually decided to take a stab at this, I have to do it Project 365 style. So each day will get a picture. I have this sense that with each passing day I’m taking a step toward my adventure. This next year in particular will be pretty life changing, and something tells me that its details are going to be worth remembering. I guess we’ll see how that goes. Wish me luck on being interesting or disciplined or whatever you’re supposed to be to have a functioning blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment